Teamster Local Union No. 155 Health Benefits Plan
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
The Teamsters Local Union No. 155 Health Benefits Plan is governed by five Trustees appointed by the Union
in accordance with its bylaws. The Secretary-Treasurer of Local Union No. 155 is a Trustee by virtue of his office,
and serves as a link between the Trust and the Union. The other four Trustees are appointed by the Union. The Trustees are:
- David Holm, Chairman (as principal officer)
- Red Murphy
- Shawn Henter
- Lorrie Ward
- Michelle Koski
Eligibility is based on the hour bank system. Your employers pay for each hour earned at the negotiated percentage of earnings,
and the hours are posted to your account. Every month a “cover charge” of 100 hours is withdrawn from your account.
Any surplus hours build in your account up to a maximum of 1,200 hours (12 months of coverage) to allow you to stay covered when working less than 100 hours or unemployed.
The Plan includes:
- Basic Medical and hospital insurance (Provincial government plan - insured and paid by the Medical Services Plan of B.C.)
- Dental care benefits (self-insured by the Trust, paid by Pacific Blue Cross)
- Extended Health Care (EHC) benefits (self-insured by the Trust, paid by Pacific Blue Crosswith large-amount pooling Insured by Pacific Blue Cross)
- Emergency Medical Travel Assistance (included in EHC)
- Long Term Disability (LTD) benefits (insured and paid by the Co-operators Life Insurance Company)
- Group Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance (insured and paid by the Co-operators Life Insurance Company).
- Group Dependent Life insurance (insured and paid by the Co-operators Life Insurance Company).
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan (EFAP) (provided by Family Services Employee Assistance Programs)
- Residential Rehabilitation Assistance (Self-Insured and paid by the Trustees)
The Trustees have hired Pacific Blue Cross* to administer the Plan on their behalf. Every month, participating employers contribute to a trust fund on behalf of their eligible employees. The Trustees hold and invest the fund, which is used to pay for benefit coverage and for operating expenses.